So, with the 4th of July around the corner and knowing that we will be up later than usual snacking I wanted to have something sweet on hand ready to go! This takes some planning but not much! All you need is one ingredient! Yes, that’s right –Just one ingredient! BANANAS!
The planning just requires time for the bananas to freeze. This can be accomplished in 2 hours but ideally overnight!
Some things to add that make this treat feel like a guilty pleasure:
Frozen Chocolate chips- My fav!
Reese’s Pieces Peanut butter cups chopped
-Really if the main ingredient is JUST a Banana you can add any topping you like and feel good about it!
- Take a ripe Banana
- Slice it up into quarter sized pieces
- Place in an air tight container and place in the freezer for at least 2 hours but overnight is better
- Blend chopped bananas in blender or food processor
- At first the bananas will look crumbled and smashed. Scrape down into blender and keep blending.
- They will become gooey like banana mush but scrape down with a spatula and keep blending.
- They will begin to look like oatmeal again scrape and blend!
- Then like magic they become soft served ice cream! If you are adding any fixings like chocolate chips or Peanut butter this is when you add it!
- You can Eat your banana ice cream then but it will be soft or freeze again in an airtight container until solid and ENJOY!!!!
👉🏽Why this is good for us runners:
After glycogen is used up in about the first 15 minutes of exercise, the body begins to use energy reserves such as fat stores to fuel running. Eating bananas before or after a run helps to provide or restore, respectively, carbohydrates.
There are 105 calories and 27 grams of carbohydrates in one medium banana!
HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!!!